Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here She Comes!

Jose here.

There are few things I enjoy more than "discovering" a new performance by an artist I adore. Such was the case last night when I screened The Harvey Girls for the very first time. I have always known Judy was adorable and could sing like nobody on the planet has since her. What I loved to see this time was her marvelous entrance performing the Oscar winning song "On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe".
The whole town seems to know what's coming in the petite package and they all come to greet her in the kind of musical extravaganza only Arthur Freed delivered.

When they sing:

Do yuh hear that whistle down the line?
I figure that it's engine number forty nine,
She's the only one that'll sound that way.

You can't tell whether they're talking about the locomotive or Judy...

Was anyone better at singing on board moving trains (or trolleys)?




Have you recently discovered a wonderful performance from the back catalogue of an artist you love?
*

No comments:

Post a Comment